You've invested good money into your jewelry. Protect your investment. Take care of your jewelry using these jewelry care do's and don'ts.
- DO store your jewelry in a protective pouch, jewelry box or bowl.
- DO avoid contact with salt water, lotions, perfumes, hair sprays, deodorants, household cleaners and other chemicals.
- DO NOT work out in your jewelry body toxins in sweat can cause tarnish.
- DO clean metal jewelry with a soft jewelry polishing cloth.
- DO clean stone jewelry with water and a mild soap (only when needed). Dry with a soft cloth.
- DO NOT wear jewelry when doing chores or if you work in a rigorous working environment.
- DO avoid placing delicate precious, semi-precious stones and pearls in a jewelry cleaning solutions. This will damage the stones.
- DO careful pack jewelry when traveling. Consider a jewelry tote or plastic storage container.
- DO check the Ayana Glaze Designs blog for more detailed jewelry care tips and follow @AyanaGlazeDesigns on Instagram and search #PreserveYourBling for quick care tips.